Wireless range extenders are amazing devices to turn a dead zone of a house into WiFi active zone. They make life easier as you can access the internet from anywhere in the house. And Netgear makes things easier by providing the simplest-ever setup process through mywifiext. However, sometimes users report they run into mywifiext.net not working issue when they are trying to set up their WiFi range extender.
So, you are not alone if you are facing such an issue! There can be any reason why the web URL does respond during the installation process. Perhaps your wireless extender is not receiving proper power supply or it is not in an appropriate range of your main router. Anyway, this issue will prevent you from setting up your extender.
Don’t worry, though! Getting rid of the issue is easier than you think. Walk through this how-to-tutorial to learn the ways you can fix it.
Fix Mywifiext.Net Not Working Issue for Range Extender
The first thing to keep in mind is that the local web address, www.mywifiext.net, provides access to Netgear Genie page of your extender. You can open the page only if you have properly connected your computer and extender with each other either wirelessly or by using an Ethernet cable. If not, an error message will appear and you won’t be able to enter into the webpage.
Follow the instructions below to resolve this mywifiext.net not working issue:
- Keep your range extender in the same room where your router is set up
- Power on your WiFi extender properly until all the required LED lights turn on. The Quick Start menu that came with your Netgear extender contains all important details about your device
- Connect your PC (it must be turned on) with the extender by using an Ethernet cable and wait for the Device to Extender LED turning on. If it is not lit properly, remove the cable from both ends and plug again
- Open an internet browser, type the default IP address of your Netgear extender, i.e. 192.168.1.250, and press Enter
- In case you are unable to access the extender setup page, either reset the web browser or use a different browser
- Now connect your extender and computer again with an Ethernet cable
- Provide a static IP address to your PC
How to assign a static IP address to your computer
On your Windows computer, perform the steps provided below:
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center (or Network and Internet)
- Hit the button that says Change adapter settings
- Right-click on the option Local Area Connection and select Properties
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select Properties
- Select the option "Use the following IP address" and type these: IP address, Default Gateway, Subnet Mask, and DNS server
- Hit OK
That’s all it takes! You can now set up and configure your Netgear range extender with www.mywifiext.net as it will be accessible now. In case you still feel trouble fixing the issue or need guidance regarding the static IP address or any else, you can take wifiextassist expert technicians’ help online at any time.