Paint act as a protective cover on a property. Painting walls, exterior, and floors can enhance the entire look of the property. Various kinds of color and paint types are used according to the need and preference of the homeowner.
Planning to paint a floor? This blog will be helpful in this regard. As we are familiar that paint enhances the aesthetic appeal of the place. But to get the best painting results you need to prepare the surface first. If you are not able to do it yourself, then you take professional assistance for this work. To do so, get in touch with Cape Cod painting contractors to get the quality services at affordable rates.
Following is the preparation that you need for six types of the floor before you paint them.
Preparing The Surface
Before you paint the floor ensure that it is properly cleaned, no dirt, no grease, or any other problem. If you are having wood floors, ensure that there are no sharp edges. Now, below are the steps that need to be done for seven different types of floor to make their surface prepared for painting.
To get the best finish you need to properly remove the previous paint. Clean the floor using the floor cleaner. When you are going to apply the coat, you need to give a gap of four hours to let the paint dry.
2-Bare Wood Floors
If you are seeing any cracks, then you need to fill them with wood filler. Clean the floor by using the floor cleaner. For a smooth finish, you need to wipe down the surface with a damp cloth. Wait for four hours before applying the next coat.
When painting your heated floor, you need to switch off the heating system 48 hours earlier. This is needed to let the surface cool down. When you are done with the paintwork, you need to wait for 48 hours before switching on the heating system.
You first need to remove the peeled or blistered portion as much as. possible to get a better finish. Ensure that the floor is properly cleaned. Wait for 4 hours before applying the next coat. If you are planning to paint your varnish floor, then you can get services from house painting company. Such companies provide skilled workers to complete the work on time.
5- New Concrete Floors
If you are planning to paint your concrete floor, then let them rest for three months. You need to repair cracks, holes, and giving enough time to filler used for covering the holes. Do this practice before applying the paint coat.
6-Painted Concrete Floors
First, you need to clean the surface and clear the debris if any. Rub down all the blistered or peeled to get the smooth finish. If any area is exposed, then you can use a primer of good quality. To get productive results in term of painting you need to get help from house painters offered by various experienced companies.
Painting the Floor
We have completed the surface preparation. Now it’s time to paint the floor. You should keep the following things in mind when starting the painting process:
- If you are going to use more than one tin, then check the batch number first. You can see the number at the bottom of the tin. If the batch number is not same, then you should mix both tins.
- Before applying the paint, it is better to stir the paint properly.
- You can use a roller or a brush to apply the two coats on the surface. The third coat will depend on the color you are getting. But keep one thing in mind, when you are going to apply the third coat you should paint in one direction.
- You should be aware of the time that is needed to let the paint dry. The time will vary depending on the product you are using.
- You need to wait for 24 hours when you are going to use the floor for normal use. In case of placing the furniture, you have to wait for 14 days.
- Before using the roller and brushes you need to clean them with soapy water.
Hope that these tips will be helpful in preparing and painting the floor. In this task, you need professional help. If you are having a commercial building and planning to get it painted, then avail commercial painter services offered by reputed companies.